The Important Stuff
Our Terms and Conditions
We prefer bookings for all courses to be made through our website. Should you have any issues with booking you can call 07967 819540. When teaching we can’t answer the phone but will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible. We cannot be held responsible for any workshops that may sell out whilst you are waiting for us to return your call.
Full payment for all courses, workshops and private lessons is required at time of booking to secure your space. From time to time we may run discounts and promotions. These are only applied to bookings made within the specific. Promotional period. If you request to move a discounted booking to an alternative date, an additional payment may need to be made. Discounts will be removed if you cancel or change the date.
Please do check your diary carefully. You have the right to cancel your booking within 7 days of your order.
· If the pupil, up to 10 clear days before the class, cancels a class a full refund is available.
· If the pupil cancels a class within 10 clear days of the class no refund will be offered. You can always send someone in your place though – just let us know the name and contact details for the change. Alternatively you can rebook onto a future available workshop date for the same course paying only 50% of the workshop value.
· In the circumstances where we have to cancel a course/event we will return monies paid or offer an alternative course. We are not responsible for consequential costs.
Using your own equipment
Should you wish to use your own sewing machine or other equipment please ensure it is fully operational before the class and that you are in possession of the instruction manual. Refunds are not available if a class has to cancel or you are unable to take part due to non-operational equipment that you have supplied.
All workshops and sessions run to the timings as advertised/agreed. We are afraid we cannot overrun sessions due to late arrivals. Please check that you know where are coming before you set off. Our reminder emails contain our full address and important information; please do take the time to read them.
We take a 50% deposit to secure your place with us based on your estimated numbers/minimum party charge. We understand that it can be tricky organising number of people and if your numbers change between your initial booking payment and when it comes to paying the final balance we will just re-calculate your new total. The final balance, based on final numbers, is due 2 weeks prior to your party. We are unable to give refunds after this final payment has been made.
Snow and severe weather policy
As we are based on a main road within the grounds of a busy garden centre it is very unlikely that snow or severe weather will cause us to close. Workshops and courses will still take place unless you are notified on the day via text, email or phone call. Should you arrive and find nobody there, please bear with us as we too may be taking it easy on the roads to get there safely. Should we need to cancel a class as we are unable to get to our premises we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible and you will be offered an alternative session to take part in your class at a later date.
Made & Making takes its responsibility to safeguard your personal information seriously. This policy sets out what information we gather and how we use it so you know exactly what we do and that your privacy is safe with us.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call 07967 819540 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection & Use
We only collect information about you that enables us to deliver the experience we want you to enjoy. This includes:
- Your name
- Contact information including email address, phone number
We exercise sensible discretion in all our dealings with our younger customers and do not collect any information from children aged under 13 years.
How we collect your personal data
We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
Direct interactions. You may provide data by filling in forms on our site (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
1. Order our products or services;
2. Subscribe to our service or publications;
3. Request resources or marketing to be sent to you;
4. Enter a competition, prize draw or promotion;
5. Give us feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions:
To make our website as functional, useful and reliable as we can, electronic files called cookies are used to store small amounts of information on your computer or other device. These cannot be used to identify you and help us improve our service to you by, for example:
Cookies may be our own ("First Party Cookies") that are controlled by us to provide information about the usage of our site or cookies that found in other company's internet tools or services ("Third Party Cookies") that we are using to enhance our site, e.g. Twitter or Facebook. We do not control Third Party Cookies.
You can block all or some cookies by changing the settings on your browser although blocking all cookies may impair your usage of our site.
Using your information
We may use your data for the following purposes:
1. Providing and managing your account.
2. Providing and managing your access to Our site
3. Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our site.
4. Supplying Our products and services to you (please note that we require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you).
5. Personalising and tailoring Our products and services for you.
6. Replying to emails from you.
7. Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking on ‘Unsubscribe’ in the email).
Protecting Your Information
We take care and all reasonable physical, electronic and administrative steps to keep the information we collect secure. However, the Internet is not 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of data you send electronically to us. Any transmission of data this way is entirely at your risk.
Disclosing Your Information
We do not disclose your personal information to any third party other than in accordance with this policy or in essential circumstances:
You are entitled to request details of the information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 . If you believe any information we are holding is incorrect or incomplete just let us know and we will promptly correct it.
Links to Other Websites