Covid-19 Studio measures
We are very excited to be opening our doors again following the easing of lockdown. We are putting in place a selection of measures to ensure that we can all operate safely and continue to have a relaxing and enjoyable time. Please read the following information carefully so that you know what you expect and some of the changes that we have had to make. You can watch our video at the bottom of this page too.
UPDATED 11th April 2022
We no longer require proof of a negative lateral flow test. We are still asking that you support us in the wearing of face masks when moving around the studio.
All students attending a workshop/session are asked to confirm the following:
- I have not had a positive covid test within the last 5 days.
- I do not feel unwell with any possible covid symptoms.
- I am happy to bring a face covering and wear it when moving around the room or when talking to a tutor about my work.
- I have read and accepted the measures on reducing the risk of transmission of Covid-19 as laid out on on this page
We are lucky to have a spacious studio with plenty of doors and windows we can open. In order to minimise the risk of transmission there are some changes:
- Please bring your own sewing kits: scissors, rotary cutters, tape measure, pins, unpickers, marking tools etc. We can supply items that you don’t own and are happy to still provide cutting mats and patchwork rulers. (THIS REQUIREMENT DOES NOT APPLY TO CHILDREN’S WORKSHOPS.)
- Please bring your own machines if at all possible. (THIS REQUIREMENT DOES NOT APPLY TO CHILDREN’S WORKSHOPS.)
- Please bring an extra layer of clothing as we will be ensuring that the room is well ventilated, even on cooler days.
- We are happy to continue to offer our usual mid-morning refreshments but note only tutors are allowed in our kitchen area.
- If you forget to bring a face covering, for use when moving around the room and when in close contact with the tutor, you can buy one from us for £1.
Only students prebooked on workshops/sessions will be admitted to the studio. You MUST BOOK in advance if you wish to attend a session.
All entry to our studio is now via the normal entrance to the garden centre. Please feel free to grab a trolley if you have too much to carry.
- We will be regularly sanitising all tools, workspaces and communal areas. Please leave any borrowed items on your table when you leave so that we know to clean them.
- Please note that sessions finish promptly in order to ensure that the space can be prepared ready for any subsequent sessions.