Flip n stitch cushion
This is a fantastic fun project. No patchwork experience is needed, you just need to be competent with your machine (able to thread and wind a bobbin etc).
Using just simple strips you will create this stunning cushion cover but it could just as easily become a bag. Rest assured this is going to be a fun session and you will definitely go on to make more, everyone does.
Not just about the patchwork you will also learn how to insert a lapped zip in a cushion for a professional finish. Many attendees are often inserting a zip for the first time and, using our tried and tested techniques, are amazed at the finish they get. Come on, let’s be brave!
What you will need
You will need:
- 10 x 2.5inch jelly roll strips. ( A whole jelly roll makes approx 5 of these cushion fronts)
- 1 x 10cm square piece of the fabric for the centre
- 1/2m of fabric or a piece approx 75cm tall by 50cm wide for the back of the cushion.
- Cotton to match, we do suggest at least two normal size reels as this project does eat thread.
- A zip at least a 45cm/18″
All other materials are provided.
Whilst we continue to live with Covid where at all possible please bring your own sewing machine and sewing kit. Resources are available on-site if necessary. Please view our Covid-19 page for the latest guidance.
Drinks and biscuits will be available but we recommend that you bring a packed lunch with you.
During all of our workshops photographs are taken for promotional purposes only. Please make us aware at the time of booking if you would prefer not to be included.