This is a fab project for beginners learning to sew and those with more advanced skills. You have the option of making the outside fabric as busy or a simple as you like, personally I love a bit of colour and this is a fab stash busting project. Once you’ve made one you’ll be wanting to make more.
These storage tubs use some simple principles and come in three sizes. A full set of three would make a wonderful gift and can be made surprisingly quickly. Choosing all your fabrics might take all the time! We’ll be making the largest size which will measure 7″ wide and just over 5″ tall.
The project is best completed in a strong cotton, patchwork weight fabrics are perfect. You have the choice of patchwork piecing the outside together ahead of the session or making your tub with the outside as a single piece of fabric. Your patchwork can be pieced in any way but if you would like details of how to piece exactly like the photo please do get in touch.
What you will need
- A piece of fabric (patchwork or not) for the outside to make an overall piece 24″ x 6″, lining to the same size. it can be handy to have this slightly bigger and trim at a later stage. For example bring 25″ x 7″.
- Another piece 8″square for the outside base and another piece for the lining.
- Fabric for binding 2 1/2 ” x 23″
- Foam stabiliser, ideally fusible, such as Bosal-In-R 22″ x 6″.
- (Additional interfacing (8″ square) and optional heavy weight stabiliser are supplied.)
Whilst we continue to live with Covid where at all possible please bring your own sewing machine and sewing kit. Resources are available on-site if necessary. Please view our Covid-19 page for the latest guidance.
Drinks and biscuits will be available but we recommend that you bring a packed lunch with you.
During all of our workshops photographs are taken for promotional purposes only. Please make us aware at the time of booking if you would prefer not to be included.